The Turning Point Center of Chittenden County Administrative Manager Job Description
The Administrative Manager’s main role is to support the Executive Director in running the Center and assist in managing its grant funded services. Working with the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices. This may include, but is not limited to, day-to-day activities and meetings, building maintenance coordination, management of tenant relations, as well as supervision of Peer Support Specialist Staff, Operations Manager, and Volunteer Coordination. The position is full time and is eligible for the Center’s employee benefits package which includes accrued sickness and vacation time, paid holidays, and health insurance stipend. The hourly wage range is $22-24. The weekly schedule is Monday-Friday 9am-5pm with occasional requirements for evening, weekend, and holiday. This is an in-person position and requires some travel within Chittenden County. The Center is an EOE and encourages individuals in longterm recovery to apply.
- Supervision in partnership with the Center management team of daily operations; assistance in managing the main community room and guest relations.
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise volunteer staff, Recovery Peer Support Specialist Team, and Weekend and Evenings Operations Manager; establish trainings and reinforce best practices for all.
- Oversight and coordination of 179 S Winooski Ave Building including tenant relations, which may include coordinating with sub-contractors, including building maintenance contractor, continuous upkeep and repairs; documentation of all building related issues.
- Manage Center’s activities schedule, vet and recruit community groups, coordinate with group memberships for designating space and other needs.
- Conduct monthly ordering of all Center related office needs and work within the Center’s budget for the fiscal year.
- Collection and reporting of all data required for state funding among all Center managed grants; work closely with all grant program coordinators to accomplish requirements.
- Development, maintenance, and storage of all Center policy and procedural documentation; this includes but is not limited to operational documents, policies pertaining to guests, staff, personnel, and volunteers, managing of the Center’s electronic database for all Center materials.
- Participate in events planning, coordinating with the Board of Directors and the Executive Director pertaining to strategic action steps and sub-committees.
- Participate in community outreach and education initiatives with identified community partners.
Duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge and understanding of the recovery community needs.
- Communication, outreach, and social media skills.
- Staff supervision.
- 3-4 years of experience working in related field; or equivalent bachelor’s with 1-year experience in related field; or equivalent Associate’s with 2-year experience in related field.
- Pass AHS Abuse Registry check, reliable transportation, and car insurance.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Cam Lauf, Executive Director. Or visit turningpointcentervt.org.
Recovery Case Manager at Jenna’s Promise
Are you seeking fulfillment in helping individuals recover from substance use-disorder and looking to make a ripple effect on a growing recovery community? Jenna’s Promise is seeking a self-driven, compassionate individual who lives, breathes, and spreads the hope of recovery to join the team as a Recovery Case Manager at Rae of Hope Sober Home. The Recovery Case Manager is responsible for the observation and monitoring of residents, providing them with community and connection. The Case Manager will be given the opportunity to guide, support, and influence change on a personal, local, and statewide level, as well as the ability to influence healthy behaviors, create various house activities, and be a supportive and nurturing role model in the recovery community.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services field.
- Historical experience supporting individuals recovering from substance use disorder or complex trauma.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and conflict resolution.
- Resident intake and documentation
- Medication management/ administration
- Transport to appointments for residents when needed
- Participate in weekly house meetings/ treatment team meetings
- Ensuring residents are meeting recovery commitments and house requirements
- Assigning weekly house chores and holding residents accountable
- Breathalyzing and drug testing residences at random
- Providing daily routine and structure to support resident’s recovery.
- Maintain professional boundaries and communication with each resident
- Organize weekly activities/house outings
- Consistent communication with supervisor, including all necessary reports
- Receive supervision from Program Manager and take necessary corrective measures in regards to project feedback and career development
- Other duties as requested by the Program Manager or JP Board
- Strong communication
- Have a passion for helping others.
Individuals in recovery are encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Monday- Friday
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]